Small Pic / Right Sidebar

Another Grinding Day

Sunday 11th October 12:30 GMT – Forecast NNE 9/12, N 9/12, NNE 9/6. Shame the good stuff, NNE is light but that’s the way it goes. The wind is actually light now and more NW than north so it may...

Sometimes I Do Get Some Luck

Saturday 10th October 12:30 GMT – Forecast: N 9/12 then N 12/15, also looking good over next couple of days. Didn’t get much of a drift last night as the north wind picked up an hour or two ago so...

The Day of Storms

Friday 9th October 12:30 GMT – Forecast NE, NNE less than 6. Well the forecast hasn’t picked up my weather reversal from yesterday. I’ve got light NW wind and swell going SE. Still could be worse, drifted at 197° so...

The World Has Gone Mad

Thursday 8th October 12:30 GMT forecast ESE 9/12/9 then E 9/6. Not bad. Tony suggests as much south in my COG (course over ground) to avoid SW wind to my west, other than that we should be ok today. Drifted...

Back With A Bang

Wednesday 7th October 12:30 GMT Forecast ESE 9/6, later E 9/6. Not a bad day, current seems a bit stronger from ESE but that’s fine, got a little drift and course over ground (COG) came down to 248° Not a...

Three Times Across 4°

Tuesday 6th October Forecast : E9, E9/12, E9 08:00 GMT After the little push from the north, I was still going north so I put the para anchor and event then was still going north. I decided that the current...

At Least I Moved Today!

Monday 5th October 12:30 GMT Forecast 12(now) variable 6, 18.00 ESE 6, 21.00 E 6/9 Well I look out the cabin it’s still blowing 10/15 from the SW, no chance to row, back indoors. I had a terrible rest period,...

Still Going Back (Part Two)

Sunday 4th October Not a lot of rowing news since I left you. Shortly after I sent the blog I was checking to see if conditions would allow me to row. In a 20 minute period the wind, which was...

Still Going Back

Sunday 4th October Forecast, wind all from west today reducing in intensity and going SW and lower over today and tomorrow. Currently on para anchor going 115° (east) at close to a knot. By close of play tomorrow that will...

Bigger And Bigger Part Two

Saturday 3rd October Well for an afternoon where the wind was due from the south at less than 6 knots, the 20 knot WNW wind is a bit of a shocker. The blow overnight has got bigger and bigger all...

Bigger and Bigger

Saturday 3rd October Going to do another two part blog as you guys must think I’m going mad at the rate I’m heading away from Australia. Forecast – SW 6/9 reducing to SW 6 then less than 6. 07:30 Turned...

Epic Battle (part two)

Friday 3rd October 01:00 GMT Well back on para anchor again, still going away from Australia. Rowed about 5 hours, all SE, obviously not the right direction but because the wind settled in the west/SW at 6/12 knots it left...

Another Epic Battle Shaping Up

Friday 2nd October 12:30 GMT Forecast north less than 6 and in three hours variable less than 6, as you know by know less than 6 can mean anything. The current is supposed to be SW but I know I’m...

Calm Again

Thursday 1st October 12:30 GMT Weather ESE/ E less than 6 knots. This means 6 to nothing from any direction. Up in the night after a big squall again, had to pull in para anchor, wind from east but current...

Tougher and Tougher

Wednesday 30th September Forecast for today is mainly ESE/SE light, flat calm this morning and after a big squall in the night I had drifted mainly south. Problem on the horizon, Tony sent a follow up on the weather, “get...